Osun mechanic shot dead, N300,000 missing

Osun mechanic shot dead, N300,000 missing

A motor mechanic, Mohammed Badmus, aged 40, had been reportedly shot dead by a night guard at Ibuowo Estate, Okinni, Osun state.

A co-tenant to the deceased, Hammed Oparinde, in a chat with The PUNCH, also alleged that a sum of N300,000 that was in his pocket as of the time he was shot dead, was also missing.

Speaking on what transpired between the further deceased and the night guards reportedly employed by the community, Oparinde said Badmus had left a birthday party at about midnight on Saturday and headed home when he was accosted by the guards.

According to him, the guards used machete to beat the deceased as they walked him home, adding that they allowed him to open thrle door to his house through the backyard, and waited for him at the main entrance.

“Badmus entered his house through the backyard and came out from the main door just to prove to the guards that he was the owner of the house.

“But despite that, one of the guards just fired a shot which hit the deceased on the chest. He died on the spot. Before his death, he had planned a trip to Lagos today (Saturday) to buy an engine for a vehicle.

“He had N300,000 money for the engine on him, but we could not find the money. We only saw his phone. His remains had been deposited at the morgue of Uniosun Teaching Hospital, Osogbo. Badmus was married and had three children. The elder is about five years old,” Oparinde concluded.

A source in the community, who preferred anonymity said four guards that were on duty on Friday had been arrested by the police.

When contacted, Osun police command spokesperson, Yemisi Opalola, confirmed the incident and said one night guard by name, Moshood Rasaq, had been arrested in connection with the crime.

She said, “it was reported to us that Rasaq used his dane gun to shoot one Mohammed Badmus, aged 40 and he died instantly.

“The suspect has been arrested and gun used recovered by the police. Corpse has been taken to Uniosun Teaching Hospital morgue for autopsy. Investigation is ongoing,” the PPRO said.

Comments are closed.